Innovative UT inspection system
- SAMT is an innovative UT inspection system for solid axles
- The system is made of 2 phased array UT probes (4MHz) that inspects the entire axle volume for a blind hole placed on the axle end.
- The axle scan is performed automatically: once the probe head is placed in the blind hole, the integrated motor rotates the probes wile an encoder provides the reference angle position.
- The result of the inspection is a recorded map (axle longitudinal direction , angle) with the position of the indications
- The inspection can be performed without the need of disassemble the wheelset from the train.